Friday, January 30, 2009

hi there! 
oh, it is such a beautiful day here in california ~ 
i thought i'd invite you all in for a bit!

come on...
i even made cupcakes! 
and i have to say - a cupcake is 
just not a cupcake without a topper! 
i made these barbie ones myself : ) 

i have such a love of collecting - 
funny ....i can never have just one or two of anything i like - 
i have to have LOTS ! 
these are one of my favorite collections - 
my bride and groom wedding cake toppers. 
i especially fall for the vintage ones, 
i find myself fantasizing about the couple and 
wonder what the wedding was like.....
and can't help but think "i wonder what they are doing now?"
aren't they sweet! 
oh - and the framed pic above is of my hubby's 
aunt and uncles wedding pic - they used it 
for the cover image for their 25th anniversary party invite! 
i love it! 

and another one of my true loves are 
sock moneys! 
i love the way each one of them has their own personality
and style. 
i am thrilled to see them gain popularity again! 
but my heart flips for the old handmade ones. 
i can just see the mommas and grandmas sewing 
them by hand with love in their hears!
i promise to share more of my sock monkey 
collection with you later ...
i think i have about 200 of them : ) 

anyhooo...
thanks for stopping by! 
hope to see you again soon! 
kisses and cupcakes, 
amy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy!
    WELCOME TO BLOGLAND!
    I'm so glad you are here!
    And it looks like you are off to a beautiful start!
    I'm now craving cupcakes... ;-)
    Adding your blog to my Blog Candy roll now!
    xo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,

    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. Welcome to the world of blogging. It can become a bit addicting. I look forward to seeing some more of your collections. Love the sock monkeys!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy!

    I am so happy to see your blog! I can say I knew you when ...

    Kisses and Carrotsticks!

    Oh! Sherrie

    ReplyDelete